Alhambra Tiles is looking for a conscientious, efficient self-starter with an excellent eye for detail to keep our rapidly growing business running smoothly. You will be compiling order forms, getting courier prices, arranging prompt delivery of tiles and tracking customer orders through to delivery. You will also be keeping clients up to date with their orders and collecting feedback.
You will also be responsible for developing and nurturing our supplier relationships. As our products come from Spain,you will be a fluent Spanish-speaker.
Reporting to the Director, you will be used to implementing efficient systems. You will besuper-organised, methodical, computer-literate and able to communicate professionally at all levels. You will already have experience of representing an import/export company and ensuring the best service is achieved, both for your company and its clients.
In a typical day you could be writing order forms, speaking to one or more of our Spanish suppliers and arranging international deliveries direct from Spain toclients across the world. You may also be packing small orders leaving from our London showroom, liaising with customers and checking the database to ensure that all live orders are on track.
You will be used to dealing with logistics and courier companies, and understand the systems they use. You willhave intermediate to advanced MS Office skills and knowledge of online databases - you will be using our online Customer Relationship Manager, Capsule CRM, and producing order forms in Word and PDF formats.
You must be extremely accurate in all you do, with an eagle-eye for detail. You must also be conscientious withexcellent order-management and communication skills. You will have at least three years’ operational business experience in an import/export sales environment. You should also be calm and unflappable, and have a clear writing style.
- Product Expertise–Knowledge and understanding of our products so as to communicate clearly with our suppliers and clients.
- Supplier and Partner Development–engaging with and nurturing relationships with our suppliers; developing Service Level Agreements and Terms & Conditions.
- Shipping / Logistics Expertise–thorough working knowledge of all delivery channels (international, national and local) so as ensure a smooth delivery experience for our customers.
- Project Management– developing systems and checklists to ensure orders and deliveries are managed efficiently, clients are kept updated at each stage and their feedback sought on their experience.
- Compiling Order Forms / Placing Orders– accurately translating our customer proformas into Spanish for our suppliers, checking, cross-checking and rechecking prior to placing orders, ensuring there is no room for error.
- Arranging Deliveries – you will arrange all deliveries of stock to our clients, whether direct from Spain or via our London showroom.
- Packing – helping to pack small orders and sending out samples from our London showroom – you will need excellent packing skills and know how to guard against breakages.
- Unloading – you will also help us unload pallets when they arrive at our showroom (a couple of times a month), and help us to get heavy boxes of tiles downstairs.
PERSONAL QUALITIES & EXPERIENCE
- You will be warm, professional and confident, with an ability to deal with suppliers and consumers (both business and consumer) at all levels. You will be positive, proactive, unflappable and polite.
- You will love what we do and be keen to represent us with energy and enthusiasm.
- You will be conscientious and a stickler for accuracy, with a really good eye for detail.
- You will have proven Import/Export and Logistics experience and/or transferable skills. B2B or B2C sales experience would be a definite plus.
- You will be loyal and committed, with expert knowledge about what we should expect from our suppliers and how to get the most from them.
- You will have experience of working in a small company; and understand the need for flexibility.
- Knowledge of the Spanish tiles market would be an advantage. You may seek new suppliers and new products, and work with us on Service Level Agreements and Terms & Conditions.
We would prefer a sub-contractor for this role which, to start, is part-time, 25 hours per week spread over three or four days. As the business grows, so will your hours and your team.
Start date is as soon as possible.
Initially we are offering this role for a two-month probationary term. Depending on performance the position will be renewed on a rolling basis every six months and a full-time job is a real possibility.
We are a friendly company and we are growing fast; if you help us with that, you will enjoy the benefits.
Alhambra Tiles is based in south London. We supply niche Spanish tiles to trade and private customers throughout the world.
Please send a CV and covering letter, outlining past experience and telling us how you would approach this role and why you would be the right person for the job.